Monday 5 June 2017:
Trainer led warm-up and assistance – 10 minutes
Strength (15-20 minutes): Back squat. After 1-2 warm-up sets….
- Every 90 seconds – perform 2-3 wide stance box squats with a focus on a tempo of 21×2 (2 seconds eccentric, 1 second pause at the bottom, explode up, 2 second rest) using 60%-65% of your 1RM. Partner with an athlete who has a similar 1RM back squat and alternate sets making sure to keep rest periods to a minimum. You should be using more weight than you were using in May for these sets.
WOD (for max reps):
- Class is divided in teams of no more than 3 athletes per team (shoot for equal numbers on each team or as close as you can get it)
- WOD1 – AMRAP4 – Max KB swings (1.5/1.0)
- WOD2 – AMRAP4 – max rope ascents (scale is 15 second dead hang from pull-up bar)
- WOD3 – AMRAP4 – max prowler pushes (down and back, males use target 4, females use target 3)
- WOD4 – AMRAP4 – max pull-ups (two rings rows = 1 pull-up as a scale)
- WOD5 – AMRAP4 – max assault bike calories.
Score = total points. Divide work however team sees fit with only one athlete working at a time. No rest between wods. For large classes, start half of the teams on KB swings; half on the prowlers. Rotate using KB-rope-prowler-pull-ups. All teams finish with assault bike.